Be Wiser in Choosing the Right Property Management Software
In order to increase front desk efficiency and improve the guest experience at your property, it’s essential to have a modern property management system (PMS) with innovative features in place.
A PMS is a technology solution that manages and even automates many of the administrative tasks the front desk staffs are responsible for.
Think of a PMS as the heart of your property. It stores all of the guest information; it manages check-in and check-out details, and provides you with an opportunity to input special requests. It also records data, manages bookings and allows you to generate reports about your property’s performance.
It will allow you to carry out all the day-to-day operations of your property in one place
What is an Innovative & modern PMS system?
Keeping up with all of the emerging technologies, especially for the modern small hotel owner. A PMS isn’t the onlytechnology you need to know about… there are few other important ones:
- Supports Flexible slot based bookings for boosting occupancies
- Front desk systems
- Automated room allocations
- Accept online payments via a secure payment gateway
- Booking Engine
- Channel Manager
An “all-in-one” PMS provider will offer their own booking engine and channel manager and bundle them together for you. These three entities will automatically synchronize with one another and provide any staff member with a view of the live availability and rates of the property.
While having all systems from the one provider is ideal. So, if you already have a booking engine or channel manager, and are happy with these, but are looking for a new PMS, then check business.stayflexi.com
Look for these when making your selection.
Front desk management
Your PMS should give you all the tools you need to be totally organized in running your small property. View all of your reservations on a grid
Wherever you are, whichever device you are using, you need to be able to access your system. This means it should be cloud-based. All you need to do is bring your smartphone or tablet with you.
Upsell and cross-sell tools
In addition to working on getting more guests, you should also work on increasing revenue from each guest. Like selling add-on services like Spa, Laundry, Transport etc.
Sales channel management
As we already touched on , the PMS you choose should also serve as your channel manager. This means that travellers booking hotels through OTAs see your availability as it is updated in close to real-time, because your PMS distributes all of your available rooms across a number of booking sites.
Hotel management software reporting capabilities
Reports are also an essential feature to look for in a PMS, but they require their own section.
Property management systems provide a wide variety of reporting tools that you can use to learn more about your business. Check-ins and check-outs
- Average unoccupied rooms
- Payment methods
- Revenue per available room
- Average occupancy
- Revenue per channel
Benefits of hotel PMS systems
A front desk system will deplete the amount of time you and your staff have to spend on administrative tasks, which means you can put that time into more important things like attending to guests.
- It will increase your efficiency
- It reduces the risk of manual errors
- It will boost your bookings
- It will improve your ability to manage revenue
- It will allow you to update your website quickly
- It will give you the power to operate your property remotely
- You don’t need to confirm bookings anymore
PMS: Key takeaways
- A modern PMS to adjust bookings based on flexible Arrival/ Departure of your guests.
- A property management system centralizes and automates the day-to-day operations
- A PMS is also known as a front desk system, hotel management software
- Small accommodation providers need a system that handles everything in one place. Look for an all-in-one PMS that offers a flexible platform to honor bookings from booking engine and channel manager so that you have a complete solution for your business.
- Key PMS features include: flexible front desk management, cloud-based software, upsell tools, sales channel management.
- Manage multiple POS outlets from a single dashboard
- The essential PMS reports include: Night Audit, Revenue report, Statistics report, Log Reports and Booking Channels report.
- Mobile App to comprehend ease of management & to speed-up operations